This qualification is suitable for those working in various medical administration contexts. It is likely that these individuals are establishing their own work performance.
Individuals in these roles carry out a range of routine procedural, clerical, administrative or operational tasks that require technology and business skills. They apply a broad range of competencies using some discretion, judgement and relevant theoretical knowledge. They may provide technical advice and support to a team.
This course is nationally recognised and requires 13 units for award of the qualification. 6 core units and 7 elective units
- BSBCRT311 Apply critical thinking skills in a team environment
- BSBPEF201 Support personal wellbeing in the workplace
- BSBSSUS211 Participate in sustainable work practices
- BSBTWK301 Use inclusive work practices
- BSBWHS311 Assist with maintaining workplace safety
- BSBXCM301 Engage in workplace communication
- BSBMED301 Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- BSBMED302 Prepare and process medical accounts
- BSBMED303 Maintain patient records
- BSBMED305 Apply the principles of confidentiality, privacy and security within the medical environment
- BSBOPS303 Organise schedules
- BSBTEC301 Design and produce business documents
- BSBTEC302 Design and produce spreadsheets