This qualification reflects the role of individuals in a variety of Business Services job roles. It is likely that these individuals are establishing their own work performance.
Individuals in these roles carry out a range of routine procedural, clerical, administrative or operational tasks that require technology and business skills. They apply a broad range of competencies using some discretion, judgment and relevant theoretical knowledge. They may provide technical advice and support to a team.
This course is nationally recognised and requires 13 units for award of the qualification:
6 core units, 7 elective units.
- BSBCRT311 Apply critical thinking skills in a team environment
- BSBPEF201 Support personal wellbeing in the workplace
- BSBSSUS211 Participate in sustainable work practices
- BSBTWK301 Use inclusive work practices
- BSBWHS311 Assist with maintaining workplace safety
- BSBXCM301 Engage in workplace communication
- BSBOPS303 Organise schedules
- BSBOPS304 Deliver and monitor a service to customers
- BSBOPS305 Process customer complaints
- BSBPEF301 Organise personal work priorities
- BSBTEC301 Design and produce business documents
- BSBTEC302 Design and produce spreadsheets
- BSBXTW301 Work in a team